Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birding Adventures TV Show! Florida Scrub Jay

If you are not already aware, there is a new TV Show that airs on Saturday mornings on the FOX Sports Net called "Birding Adventures"! It's a show that is dedicated to destination birding and typically highlights a species or two per episode. Today, the target bird was the Florida Scrub Jay. Conservation of the species and efforts to grow populations was the primary topic. I was especially excited about this episode since the Florida Scrub Jay was added to my Life List this past March. They are a beautiful species and are amazingly smart! I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to re post some of my pictures of the Florida Scrub Jay - I do believe this is one of my favorite birds!
If you haven't yet tuned into this new show, I would encourage you to do so. I am so pleased that there is finally a TV Series dedicated to our hobby! You can check out their website at: www.birdingadventures.com !
For more information on the Florida Scrub Jay you can go to: http://www.fws.gov/northflorida/Scrub-Jays/scrubjays.htm



2 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I like your photos and look forward to checking out the archives.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Chad, I posted some backyard birds today --so check them out.

Thanks for that link... I'll check it out. Beautiful photos!!!
Betsy

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal