Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?


Pileated Woodpecker... Pokagon State Park. What a privilege to see a Pileated nesting! Here is the male and female exchanging affection!


Is it May already? I can't believe the last time I posted was April 6! My how time flies these days. Between work, school, baseball games, etc., I have been busier than ever trying to keep up with the everyday things that life presents us with. I haven't been able to spend near as much time outside as I would like but I have been able to squeeze in a few days here and there. Recently, I was able to spend the entire weekend at the Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary in Connersville, IN. The Indiana Audubon Society had their annual spring festival and despite some rain, we had a great time! Lots of great people to spend some time with and to talk about what we love the most - BIRDS!

A few weeks ago, my family and I were able to get up to Pokagon State Park to celebrate my Godson and his sister's 2nd birthday. What a great place to celebrate a birthday party. Again, we had some rain but it did not stop us from having fun! Below are just a few pictures from our two most recent outings.

Wood Frog... Pokagon. This is the first time I have ever seen this species. How cool!

Tufted Titmouse... Pokagon State Park.

Red-bellied Woodpecker... Pokagon State Park.

Red-backed Salamander... Pokagon State Park. My son was on a mission to find a Salamander and his wish was granted. He actually found several. Awesome amphibians!

Bufflehead... Pokagon State Park. Distant shots but a beautiful duck nonetheless. This is probably my favorite duck.

Tiger Swallowtail... Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary

Bat... Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary. I wish I knew the species. I don't know much about bats. Anyone know?

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher... Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary. I here people all the time say, "oh another Gnatcatcher" - I could smack them! What do you mean another Gnatcatcher idiot?!

Eastern Towhee... Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal