Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Troubled Day Gone Good! 77!


What can make a bad day better? Simple. Birding! On April 8, I had a morning that was so depressing at work that I refuse to even attempt to describe it in words! However, after the worst meeting I have ever had I decided to take the afternoon off and go Birding - the best way I know to take my mind off of anything that may be bothering me at the time. Long story short, my day was instantly better when I was able to add 3 more birds! Among many other birds that I was able to see this day, my highlight was spotting a Brown Creeper, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and a pair of Northern Shovelers!
The day prior, a good day all day, I took a small group of Co-workers out with me to a small park to do a mini birding adventure and was amazed at what I was able to add to my life list in just a short period of time. The first highlight was a pair of Great-horned Owls that were in plain view for everyone to easily see! Then we saw an Eastern Towhee, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and finally, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker! The short trail took us about 45 minutes to walk but paid off huge for all of us. Does it get any better?

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal