Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Countup to 100! The number is 90!


This past weekend was outstanding! Sun+Spring+Lots of Trees=BIRDS EVERYWHERE! This past Sunday was actually the busiest birding day I have had since I have been listing. As fast as I was able to identify one bird, another would pop up to draw my attention - what could be better, I was out of my mind with joy!


The new additions to my list were: Magnolia Warbler (BEAUTIFUL), Northern Parula, Rose-breasted Grosebeak, Palm Warbler, House Wren, Swainson's Thrush, Warbling Vireo, Swamp Sparrow, and Gray Catbird! Of all of the birds I saw, the only one that would be still long enough for me to take a photograph was this Mallard - always dependable!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Chad - Thanks for your comment! I enjoyed reading through your blog. Your enthusiastic posts make me want to go birding right now! I've added you to our google reader blog subscription, so I look forward to reading your updates! Happy Birding!

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal