Sunday, April 6, 2008

Eastern Phoebe makes 70!

A beautiful weekend in Indiana, sunny and warm in the mid 60's F.

Saturday, we spent the day both picking up trash and birding near the water at Eagle Creek Park. Good News and Bad News! The Bad News - we picked up a TON of trash and plenty still remains. How sad it is that the same people who enjoy the park also so freely leave their garbage behind to destroy it!

OK, now the Good News! Saturday, while surveying the water (I love my new scope) I saw my first Blue-winged Teal, several actually! I also saw several Common Loons, Horned Grebes, Pie-billed Grebes, American Coots, and Red-breasted Mergansers.

Today, Sunday, my day was complete when I spotted an Eastern Phoebe - my 70th life bird! Now... on to 80!

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal