Thursday, October 22, 2009

A fall day...not much to say.

I hadn't been able to get out much in the past couple of weeks but this past Sunday I was able to take a morning stroll around my parents property to enjoy some of the nice weather and beautiful scenery that comes will Fall. The day was extremely peaceful and is exactly what I was looking for - along with a bird or two if possible.
House Finch... a very under appreciated bird. There were House Finches everywhere. All appeared to be happy and healthy and were enjoying the day as much as I was.

A female House Finch... belting a few fall sounds.

Eastern Bluebird... A somewhat drab adult but a beautiful bird nonetheless. There was alot of bird activity on the property but not many species. Lots of Bluebirds, House Finches, Goldfinches, Field Sparrows, Blue Jays, Carolina Chickadees, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and a Downy Woodpecker.

A most beautiful death... I paused for a minute to take one last look behind me before heading back up to the house when this Milkweed caught my eye. I stared at it for a short while thinking that I had never realized an exploding milkweed seedpod was so beautiful!
I have never been a big fan of fall in the past but over the last couple of years I have come to enjoy it more and more. It is truly a peaceful time of year that is unlike any other. There is a sadness to the season that will provoke me to pause and just stare at my surroundings. It seems to be nature's way of saying goodbye with a few simple reminders (such as this Milkweed pod) telling us that goodbye's aren't forever.

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal