Thursday, January 22, 2009

White-winged Crossbills

White-winged Crossbill...Indianapolis, IN.  I had full intentions on heading about 2 hours north this weekend to see some recently reported flock of WWCR's when a message was posted last night on the Indiana Bird Listserv that White-winged Crossbills had made their way to Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis, IN!  Unfortunately, last night I had no success in tracking the birds down.  Since I had to run an errand today on the same side of town I thought I would utilize my lunch break to take another look.  Upon my arrival, there were already two birders that had the birds in their sights.  I was ecstatic to see approx. 40 WWCR's alongside a large group of Pine Siskins as well as several Purple Finches.

White-winged Crossbill

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal