Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Easter Gift? Three more Lifers! 63!

Could a day get any better? My family and I went to Mass, Celebrated the Resurrection, ate lunch out (my kids behaved perfectly!) AND, I was able to get and hour in at Eagle Creek with two of my kids and my dear, dear friend, Mr. Vortex Scope! I was instantly gratified to see birds all over the water and immediately started huffing and puffing trying to get my scope set up before a single bird flew away - none did. Most were American Coots, but just as I expected there were several other notables mingling with the group, including: American Wigeons, Gadwalls, Green-winged Teal, Mallards, Canada Geese, Hooded Mergansers, and Red-breasted Mergansers. We then walked to look at the feeders and there it was - a single Pine Siskin waiting patiently to be added to my life list!

We walked to the next observation pavilion and there they were, another group of blessings - Common Loons! Beautiful Common Loons, swimming in plain view as if they had nothing better to do than pose as models for my Vortex! Lifers!

Oh yeah, and how can I forget about yesterday at the Mississinewa Reservoir? My first Double-crested Cormorants mingling with a large group of Ring-necked Ducks! I was also able to witness a very large group of Eastern Bluebirds that made me almost cry that I didn't have a camera, there was blue everywhere - I mean everywhere! Absolutely amazing!

How blessed we are to have such beautiful creatures all around us!

No comments:

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal