Sunday, May 25, 2008

116!

I wasn't able (for the first time in a while) to go Birding last weekend so I was extremely anxious to get out today! It has been a gorgeous day today, perfect for birding and if you are a Indy 500 fan I'm sure you were equally pleased!

The morning started off with a picturesque look at an immature Bald Eagle (approx. 3 years old) that was working the waters pretty hard directly in front of us! Actually, it was probably the closest I have been to a Bald Eagle to date and as usual, I left my camera at home! Some other lifer highlights for me today were a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher, Canada Warbler, and Prothonotary Warbler. Although not lifers, some other highlights included Red-eyed Vireo (everywhere), Scarlet Tanager, and Indigo Bunting. A very successful and rewarding morning! Aren't we blessed to have birds?!

1 comment:

Texas Travelers said...

Welcome to the Birding World.

Good going on the Black and White 100th.

I found your blog through the Nature Blog Network.

You were the featured site today.

I don't post on birds too often, but you can go to my site, drop down to label and select birding and see a few interesting posts.

Keep up the good work.

Come and visit,
Troy

Indiana State Bird

Indiana State Bird
Northern Cardinal